ddd

Re: Potential changes to DDD I'm planning

From: ddd
Subject: Re: Potential changes to DDD I'm planning
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 10:15:31 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
> Recently (and infrequently) I've been working on a debugger for GNU
> Make. It's about at the stage where bashdb was when I hacked that into
> DDD - well maybe not as good yet.
>
> And as an even more infrequent contributor to ddd, I just wanted to
> let folks be aware that I was planning to make changes to DDD for GNU
> Make debugging support. If ow is not the right time to add these
> changes, please advise.
>
> Probably before the changes, I'll probably look over the settings for
> the bash debugger. I see what looks like some small omissions.
>
> Last, but by no means least, I'm very impressed with how far DDD has
> moved in the code cleanup area. This code in need of fixup and looking
> at what's gone on in the last two years or so, I'm quite impressed. It
> seems that there have even been fixes to the bash support (which are
> most welcome). Thanks!

Hi Rocky,

Welcome back!  And thanks for your nice comments about the code...

Feel free to go wild with adding another debugger, but please make
a branch in CVS first.  Then once the dust has settled, we can merge
from the branch into the mainline.  This isn't as much work as you
might imagine -- changes to mainline are few and far between.

For updates and patches to bashdb, go right ahead and commit them to
mainline.

Andrew