ddd

RE: GNU Make debugger support - not sure I branched correctly

From: ddd
Subject: RE: GNU Make debugger support - not sure I branched correctly
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:34:59 -0000

Uh oh ... I've made that mistake before with my own cvs:

Cvs tag -b makedb

just creates the tag, it does not apply the tag (sticky tag)  to the
files that are in the current directory. See Cederqvist, section 5.2 and
5.3

You would need to do
cvs upd -r makedb

before checking in , to switch all the files to the branch 'sticky tag'.

As to what you should do , I don't feel involved in the project enough
to know what the main developers prefer; but if it were my project (my
2p...) I would obsolete the changes on a project where I was working
alone or with only a few people, but that is dangerous for a busy
repository , you could checkin a change that undoes the changes instead,
then check in the chagnes on the branch.

I am quite keen on using the makedb, I didn't know such a thing was in
the works, and have been having trouble figuring out why my makefiles do
not do what I expect them to ... I look forward to trying it out!