ddd

motif library/ segfault/ gentoo ..

From: Marc Weber
Subject: motif library/ segfault/ gentoo ..
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 15:04:47 +0200

Hi.

It's strange.
ddd is in portage of getoo.
gentoo tries to install openmotif.
The README of ddd says use lesstif

I've tried compiling /configuring with lesstif but I it still didn't
work. (Seg fault).
After deinstalling openmotif keeping lesstif it worked out of the box.
I must have used configure the wrong way.

The segmentation fault using openmotif occurs here:

/projects/ddd/ddd-3.3.11/ddd/ddd.C:
  XtCreateWidget("label_hack", xmLabelHackWidgetClass, toplevel,
  args, arg);

gdb output is here:
0xb7df20a4 in XmeRenderTableGetDefaultFont () from /usr/lib/libXm.so.3

Is ddd known to not work with openmotif?

Marc Weber