ddd

Re: Setting source search path

From: Ken Goldman
Subject: Re: Setting source search path
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 09:43:10 -0400

> Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 18:11:43 +0200
> From: "Fabian Scheler" <address@hidden>
>
> > 2 - Can I change the search path by editing a file rather than through
> > the GUI.  A library that I'm calling (openSSL) keeps the source in a
> > large number of subdirectories, and entering them all though the GUI
> > is error prone.
>
> Are you using as a frontend for gdb? You can pass the search paths as
> commandline option to gdb and when you use for example a makefile to
> invoke gdb you have to specify the search path only once.

Yes, I use ddd as a gdb front end on Linux and AIX.  I don't invoke
ddd from a makefile.  I use the command line:

        > ddd my_program_name

Since I have ~100 programs that use the same libraries, is there a way
to specify the ~15 source sub-directories once.

I prefer editing a configuration file, but I can tolerate the ddd
GUI if I only have to do it once.

Is there any solution?

--
Ken Goldman   address@hidden   914-784-7646