ddd

formatting of status displays

From: Milad Fatenejad
Subject: formatting of status displays
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 10:38:51 -0500

Hello:
I had a couple of quick questions about how status displays are
formatted in ddd.

1) When you type "graph display `<arg>`" at the gdb prompt, where
<arg> is more than one word, ddd only displays the first word in the
title of the box that is generated. For example, if I input:

graph display `print test`

The box that is generated is titled "Print" not "print test". Is there
a way to get it to print the entire value of <arg> in a status display
title?

2) When using status displays, ddd also tries to format the content.
For example, if you use = signs it automatically tries to align the
first = sign in each line. Another example is that if the value to be
printed contains a newline, ddd seems to ignore it occasionally.

Is there a way to just turn off all formatting so that the status
display box just shows exactly what was printed by gdb.

I'm pretty new to DDD, so sorry if this is a dumb question.

Thanks for your help
Milad Fatenejad