Re: [DejaGnu] Testsuite classification

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [DejaGnu] Testsuite classification
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 22:43:17 -0600

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 12:45:24PM +0530, Arati Dikey wrote:

> If you do not mind, I am writing the instructions I followed to build
> the sh-coff toolchain.

  Thanks for the notes, but I know how to build GCC as a cross compiler. It's
just that I need to build a target with full libgloss and simulator support.
Without libgloss, a fully linked executable can't be produced for the sh-coff
architecture, unless you use some other crt0.S, and glue routines to make newlib
work. I believe these are avalable from Hitachi. And both gcc 3.0 and 2.95.3
have problems with building as a cross compiler for some reason  for all the
targets with full tool chain support.

> After this, I installed dejagnu 1.4.0. As gcc2.95.3 has no testsuite, I
> used the one in gcc3.0 and got the following

  There should be old snapshots of the gcc 2.95.3 testuite on sources.redhat.com
someplace. At least there used to be. Anyway, my guess is you got so many
failures because you don't have a full tool chain. You need startup code to
produce binaries that can be executed on either the simulator or real hardware.
A whole bunch of the testcases in the testsuite depend on the execution of the
test case to determine if it worked. Can you compile, link, and execute
a simple "Hello World" program to make sure your tool chain is complete ?

        - rob -