[DejaGnu] DejaGNU and SH target

From: Arati Dikey
Subject: [DejaGnu] DejaGNU and SH target
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 17:46:52 +0530

Rob,

I have built the complete toolchain(gcc, as, ld, objcopy ...) and I have
tested them
with many small programs which compiled and linked successfully. As my
target is SH. I
used objcopy to make MOT (srec) files of the output and even flashed
them on my target.
For this, I have my C programs, a start.S file and linker script (.lnk)
file.

As the number of programs I can write is limited, I have gone for
DejaGNU testing framework.

Now, I feel I am getting these many errors because of the *'Could'nt
file tool init file'*
*warning* which comes while testing 'gas'. I am unable resolve this
warning.
If it cannot initialize the tool,  What tests is the framework
conducting ?

so, please let me know:
<1> what tool init file is expected ?
<2> what are its contents ?
<3> do I have to create it or is it already there ?
<4> How to resolve this warning.
<5> Can the numerous bugs in gcc be attributed to this ?

Arati.