Re: [DejaGnu] Problems with DejaGnu, Scotty, and Red Hat 7.1

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [DejaGnu] Problems with DejaGnu, Scotty, and Red Hat 7.1
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 14:41:17 -0600

On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 04:26:43PM -0400, Bruce Mace wrote:

> Problem:
> Error:(DejGnu) proc "tclPkgUnknown Tnm 2.1.10 does not exist"

  What is Tnm ? Did you install DejaGnu from source, or the rpm ? I don't
have a copy of RedHat 7.1. I run Debian, and RedHat 6.2 right now.

> I can goto both a Tcl shell and the Expect shell and successfully do a
> package require Tnm 2.1.10.
> But for some reason it doesn't work with DejaGnu.

  Maybe this was caused by installing Scotty ? DejaGnu is just a big Tcl
script, and since most of it predates the loadable code support in Tcl,
it doesn't use it at all. I had to write my own loading functions.

        - rob -