Re: Setting environment variables when running tests?

From: Brooks Moses
Subject: Re: Setting environment variables when running tests?
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 16:17:28 -0700

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 9:04 PM, Ben Elliston <address@hidden> wrote:
> I can think of DejaGnu testsuites I have worked on where environment
> variables are set in order to run the tests, but nothing that would
> work in a cross environment.  There is no mechanism I'm aware of to do
> it.

Thanks; glad to know I'm not missing something!

> That's not to say it's impossible, of course.  Did you say that
> you were making something work with a baseboard file now?

Yes -- and, since my baseboard file is doing its own SSH calls, it's
pretty trivial to just put in an environment variable setting on the
target as part of that call.  (In fact, I did that yesterday evening,
and it worked fine.)

I was just hoping I could teach the upstream GCC testsuite to do that
on _all_ remote targets, and that doesn't look very possible.  I guess
this goes on the wishlist for Rob's proposed rewrite.  :)

Thanks again,
- Brooks