[directory-discuss] Case sensitivity of searches

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: [directory-discuss] Case sensitivity of searches
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 15:12:50 +0200

Hello,

after just adding an entry for GNU MPC (as "MPC") into the Free software
directory, I naturally looked for the project. Unfortunately, there is
another one, "mpc", that is totally unrelated (so no confusion is possible).

However, the field "search the directory", upon typing
"mpc", finds mpc;
"Mpc", finds mpc;
"MPC", finds MPC.

Could the search be made case insensitive, so that people would not miss
a potentially interesting project?

Also, searches for parts of words could be interesting: "mpf" could return
MPFR and MPFI, for instance.

Andreas (not subscribed to the list, please cc me in reply)