Re: [directory-discuss] RDF export of the directory

From: Olivier Berger
Subject: Re: [directory-discuss] RDF export of the directory
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 17:46:27 +0200

Hi.

Joshua Gay <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Olivier,
>
> Thanks for your questions!
>
>> Is there any documentation about the format (ontologies, etc.) of the
>> RDF export ?
>
> The best place for this kind of thing is the documentation on the
> semantic mediawiki site. The default is the OWL ontology.
>
>  * <http://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:RDF_export>
>  * <http://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:RDF_format>
>
> We do have the ability to import our own ontologies
>
> * <http://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Import_vocabulary>
> * <http://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Special_property_Imported_from>

OK, will try to investigate and report.

>> Has anyone tried and work on implementing DOAP [0] export ?
>
> Nope! But, I'm interested in learning more about it (thanks for the
> links!).

In addition to the previous links, you may be interested by some of my
efforts on implementing ADMS.SW in Debian's PTS [0].

Ultimately, having descriptions in interoperable formats would help
match records in the FSD, corresponding packages in Debian, interlinking
the respective Semantic Web resources, or for instance make sure that
catalogues like JoinUp's catalogue [1] (aimed primarily at Public
Administrations) and the FSD can merge efforts, share data, rather than
reinventing the wheel (provided licensing allows it), etc.

> We do have a development wiki for testing out these kinds of changes. If
> you are interested in experimenting with these kinds of things I'd be
> happy to help get you set-up!

I'd be happy to, but there's already a lot of TODO on Debian and
FusionForge sides for me first... maybe some other volunteer will pop-up
in between ;)

Best regards,

[0]
http://www-public.it-sudparis.eu/~berger_o/weblog/2012/08/29/debian-package-tracking-system-now-produces-rdf-description-of-source-packages/