Re: [directory-discuss] Software Logo

From: Ian Kelling
Subject: Re: [directory-discuss] Software Logo
Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 13:04:44 -0700

John Sullivan <address@hidden> writes:

> Also, I think logos are often either not copyrighted, or can be used
> under fair use in this kind of context. Ultimately this is an area where
> we should probably follow Wikipedia's lead -- I see that they have
> helpful notes on logo images indicating that they may be covered by
> trademark.
>
> -john

Great advice. I didn't think enough in my other reply. Please ignore it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Logos.

tldr, go ahead and upload, it's fair use, with one guideline:

"The logo is of a size and resolution sufficient to maintain the quality
intended by the company or organization, without being unnecessarily
high resolution."