Re: [directory-discuss] Are license notices mandatory?

From: Dominic Walden
Subject: Re: [directory-discuss] Are license notices mandatory?
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 17:31:29 +0100

On Sun, 08 Jul 2018 18:58:05 -0400 Richard Stallman wrote:

>   > >> I think it should be ok to put in the fsd without a copy of the license
>   > >> if there is a clear statement of the intended license. But I would like
>   > >> to hear John's opinion.
>   > > I'd like to hear Donald's and Stallman's opinions first and foremost:
>   > > * Can Directory entries be approved if the non-trivial source code files
>   > > lack license notices.
>
> Yes, if that is the ONLY problem, the package can be listed.

Sorry for the bringing this up late.

LibreCMC suffers from the problem above. However, it also has some files
which have opening comments of the form:
---
#
# Copyright (C) 2011 OpenWrt.org
#
---

No other information about licensing is included. Files include
/sbin/wifi, /sbin/led.sh, /sbin/hotplug-call and the shell scripts in
/etc/board.d/.

I raised the issue in
https://gogs.librecmc.org/libreCMC/libreCMC/issues/31, but it was closed
with the comment: "See $SRC_ROOT/LICENSE. If you have an issue, take it
up with OpenWRT / LEDE."

Does LibreCMC still meet the standards to be included on the list?

Dom