discuss-gnu-electric

Re: (no subject)

From: Steven Rubin
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 09:09:50 -0700

This message didn't make it to the list the first time around...

Recently compiled electric to take a look at it. I'm mostly interested in
the layout features. I tried it out with the mocmos tech and found one
anoying thing:
you get a lot of notch errors from the wells. Is there any way to define
areas of wells other than the areas defined by the transistors?

Electric has "pure layer nodes" which are ways to lay down geometry that is unrelated to the higher-order concept of nodes and arcs. You can create a pure-layer node of Well to cover all of the irregular well geometries in your facet. Even better, Electric has a command (under "Edit" somewhere) to automatically generate such well nodes.

another thing: is it possible to adept to other techs?

Electric has a technology editor that can modify existing technologies as well as create entire new ones. What it doesn't have is the ability to read any standard technology descriptions (such as Magic or Cadence technology files).

   -Steven Rubin