discuss-gnu-electric

still some trouble with busses

From: Al Arduengo
Subject: still some trouble with busses
Date: 24 Feb 2002 20:38:51 -0600

Thanks for the note, Steve. Here is what I did:

1: Open a new facet. Draw an invertor with en export on the input
called 'in' and an export on the output called 'out'.

2: View -> Make ICON view

3: Open a new facet. Place the icon created previously. Double click
it and give it the name 'buftest[3:0]'.

4. Extend a type input bus from from the input. Create an export for it called
'input[3:0]'.

5: Extend a type output bus from the output. Create an export for it called
'output[3:0]'.

6: Place an AND gate and an XOR gate. I can't seem to get pins to
connect to busses without ripping so I did rip it. I connected all
outputs (output[3], output[2], output[1] and output[0] to the gates -
two per.

7. For the heck of it, created exports called ANDOUT and XOROUT where
appropriate.

I set IRSIM as the simulator and told it to simulate. Here is the
output:

IRSIM version 9.5
WARNING: sim file lambda (2.00u) != config lambda (0.30u), using config lambda
info: SU format --> using S/D attrs to compute junction parasitics
Loaded circuit, lambda=0.30u format=SU
2 nodes
transistors:
================================= 113 =================================
> vector  input[3] input[2] input[1] input[0]
((null),0): cannot find node input[2]
((null),0): cannot find node input[1]
((null),0): cannot find node input[0]
> vector  output[3] output[2] output[1] output[0]
((null),0): cannot find node output[2]
((null),0): cannot find node output[1]
((null),0): cannot find node output[0]
> s 4
> set input[3:0] 1011
((null),0): input[3:0]: No such vector

The simulation window came up with all signals (busses included)
shown. However I am unable to set a value to 'input[3:0]' using the 'v'
key command. I get a dialog for a value, enter oneand click ok but
nothing changes.

I sense that something is not named correctly but I simply do not see
where. Could you or someonelistening assist somemore? I would be happy
to provide more info if needed. I just don't want to over-do it here.

Thanks very much for your infinite patience.

Rgds,
-Al
--
"Place your hand on a hot stove for a  minute and it seems like
an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour and it seems like a