discuss-gnu-electric

Re: about nets in gds's

From: Steven Rubin
Subject: Re: about nets in gds's
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 13:31:54 -0700

A start in aiding in the net searching quest would be to allow the
selection and hiliting of nets based on connectivity. For instance, if
I click on an arc, have it and every other arc it connects to by vias
on all metal layers hilited. This would go a long way towards helping
me locate practical places for FIB points. This wouldn't be an issue
if I had the actual layout but I don't have that access. Just gdsii.

That capability is there already, but it only happens when you select a node. When you do, it highlights all arcs connected to that node, and draws dots on every node that is connected. This display crosses through components where electrically connected (not only does it know to pass through the gate of a transistor, it also recognizes through-connections on facet instances).

   -Steven Rubin