discuss-gnu-electric

Re: Examples circuit layouts

From: Steven Rubin
Subject: Re: Examples circuit layouts
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 16:47:23 -0700

I would like to request a complete circuit(simple
only) layout consists of all the components such as
circuit and pads. I want to learn the electric
software through examples.

Electric comes with a "samples" library that has a few simple designs in it. It also comes with a Pads library. However, there are no complete chips offered.

I have found that anyone who builds a complete chip is usually unwilling or unable to release it, due to "intellectual property" issues. If there is anyone out there with a larger example that they can "donate" to the public, I would like to have their design so that I can offer it as an example for others.

I'm not sure whether Pspice is compatible with Spice 2
or 3. Currently I try to simulate the example circuit
but fail.

I believe that Pspice is closer to Spice 3 than 2. I am not a Spice expert, however.

   -Steven Rubin