discuss-gnu-electric

Re: Examples circuit layouts

From: Dmitry Nadezhin
Subject: Re: Examples circuit layouts
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 10:08:01 +0400

Here is a sequence of steps to create example.

1) Click menu item "File|Import|Readable Dump..."
2) File dialog appears. Choose file "electric/examples/samples.txt"
3) "Facet|Edit Facet..."
4) Choose facet "tool-SiliconCompiler{vhdl} in Facet Selection Dialog
5) "Tools|Silicon Compiler|Read MOSIS CMOS Library"
6) "Tools|Silicon Compiler|Get Network for Current Facet"
7) "Tools|Silicon Compiler|Do Placement"
8) "Tools|Silicon Compiler|Do Routing"
9) "Tools|Silicon Compiler|Make Electric Layout"
10) "Facets|Edit Facet..."
11) Choose facet "ACC{Lay}"
12) "Tools|Generation|Pad Frame"
13) Choose pad library "electric/lib/pads/pad4u.arr"
14) "Facets|Facet Options"
15) Disable option "Tiny facet instances hashed out"
16) Select all layout by mouse with left button pressed
17) "Facets|Expand Facet Instances|All the way"
18) Look at the layout...