discuss-gnu-electric

Re: CIF file

From: Steven Rubin
Subject: Re: CIF file
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 18:24:43 -0700

I just want to double check with you before I can
finalise my circuit layout. I design my layout using
0.09 lamda. I export the design layout to CIF file.
Unfortunetly when I read the CIF file the design units
is changed to 0.2 lamda. It is wrong somewhere.
Thanks.

I'm not sure what you mean by 0.09 lambda. Have you set lambda to 90 nanometers? Or are you actually placing things on .09 grid units in Electric? If you are doing 90 nanometer design, be aware that CIF has a granularity of 100 nanometers, so it is really not appropriate for small features. If you are placing things on .09 lambda grid units, be aware that Electric represents each grid unit as only 120 integer parts, and so .09 will be rounded.

You should probably switch to GDS for small feature design.

   -Steven Rubin