discuss-gnu-electric

Title Box

From: SK Min
Subject: Title Box
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 10:53:42 -0700

Steven,

I have been spending some time trying to get hard copy of the schematic for documentation purpose in version 8.00. So far my findings are as below;

- The frame and title box do not print out.
- 'Plot Date In Corner' Option in Preference does not work.
- When only 'Title Box' is selected without 'Frame', the title box is locate in the center of the schematic and can not be moved to the corner. (Can it be done in Electric?)

For me (also some designers), the third might be most important. For the good quality schematic printing, some (most?) designers prefer not to have the frame because it occupies space and tends to make the contents (circuits) printed out smaller. Previously in a commercial tool environment, I used to create a customized cell for the title box where 'company name', 'library name', 'cell name', and 'time' are filled up from the internal data. Can it be done in Electric?

I would appreciate your shedding some light on this matter.

- SK Min