[Discuss-gnuradio] Hi

From: Philip Mackenzie
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Hi
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 20:36:52 -0000

Hi,

I just came across the gnuradio project - I think its great. I'm a graduate student in Ireland and we've been working on our own software radio system for the past year. (http://ntrg.cs.tcd.ie/swradio.php)

Some quick details: For our hardware we are using an AR8600 and a 10.7 MHz IF amplifier we built. Without knowing about gnuradio we also chose the PCI-DAS4020/12 for acquisition - (good board but it can crash the system sometimes). On the software side of things we are developing on Windows 2000. Our system is written in C/C++ and we have our own component structure for coding up radios. There are some early papers on our site which may be of interest and more substantial ones will be available soon.

I'm going to try out your code with our receiver, etc. I got the impression that some people are using some type of cable modem. Does anyone have any tech specs on this? Has anyone has used any portion of the code on windows?

Philip.

Philip Mackenzie
Networks and Telecommunications Research Group
Trinity College
Dublin 2
http://ntrg.cs.tcd.ie