[Discuss-gnuradio] filters

From: Matthew Ettus
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] filters
Date: 29 Jan 2002 00:27:36 -0800

Since I needed it to do de-emphasis in hifi_fm, I'm working on rewriting
the IIR filter template that's currently in the needs-work directory.

I'd like to have a generic template in which the constructor takes a
list of taps.  Then I'd like to have derived class templates like
Butterworth, Bessel, etc. which basically override the ??constructor??
and set up taps how they like.  However, there is also work which needs
to be done in the constructors which is common to all the types.  Is
this best done by overriding the constructors, or should I be using the
initialize methods? Or something else?

Eric -- is this how you're doing FIR filters?  Have you gotten that SPUC
code integrated?

Matt