RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] WLAN = Windows Wireless Networking?

From: Steve Schear
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] WLAN = Windows Wireless Networking?
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 18:31:20 -0700

At 03:48 PM 4/18/2002 -0700, Ettus, Matt wrote:
This is bad, but I think it's not SDR.  Winmodems come in 2 varieties, one
where all processing is done on the PC, and one where only the UART part is
on the PC.  I see this as being the 802.11 equivalent to the second.

Matt

MS is endorsing the concept of PC-based SW radios. So it may be a good thing if we can show that an open approach is better for both consumers and PC product manufacturers.

steve