Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cheap Hardware For ATSC Reception

From: Steve Schear
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cheap Hardware For ATSC Reception
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 15:53:56 -0700

At 06:52 PM 5/16/2002 +0000, you wrote:
Hi All--

I am new to this area, so please indulge my uninformed questions.

What I'm looking for is the cheapest and simplest implementation for the ATSC demodulator module that is being discussed here.

The target "market" is home theater computer enthusiasts in the States. and Canada. Currently, the cheapest ATSC implementation is the MyHD card, at about $320. This card includes a hardware video decoder, but the newer Pentium 4s should be able to handle software decoding (my P4 1.7 w/Rambus only gets about 20 frames per second, unfortunately).

I that the list price? The Hauppauge WinTV-D has a U.S. street price < $300.00 See http://www.hauppauge.com/html/products.htm#digital

steve