Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: synchronizing sound cards in a cluster

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: synchronizing sound cards in a cluster
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 21:38:10 -0800

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 09:23:23PM -0800, Eric Blossom wrote:
> the clocks of the A/D's.  As I recall, the D/A's are driven directly
> from the oscillator, so you'd need to implement your timing on them by
> selecting which samples of the 120MS/s are the ones you want.

That wasn't too clear.  The D/A's are always running full speed.
Assuming you're really trying to transmit at 10MS/s, what you get to
control is the "phase offset" (i.e., 0..10) of the mapping from your
10MS/s clock to the D/A's 120MS/s.  In any event, there's a way to
indirectly get what you want, at least to within 1/120e6 sec.

Eric