[Discuss-gnuradio] nbfm.cc code updated

From: Paul J Zawada
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] nbfm.cc code updated
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:31:18 -0500

Hi all

I was able to build the new makefile to include nbfm.cc by following Eric's instructions. By doing so I was able to understand the issue with the code and why it had been commented out...

The nbfm code was still based on the now deprecated template version of the FIR filters in the GNU Radio library. With help and a little C++ education from Von Welch, we were able to quickly update the code to refer to the FIR functions in the GrFIRfilerXXX and GrFreqXlatingFIRfilter forms. The code again compiles and works. (I tested it with NOAA weather radio, the local police radio frequency, and a 2 m HT with great success...) A patch for nbfm.cc is attached...

--zawada

Paul J. Zawada, PE  |  Principal Network Research Engineer
address@hidden     |  National Center for Supercomputing Applications
+1 217 649 2233     |  University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign