Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 802.11b demodulator ?

From: Akshay Mishra
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 802.11b demodulator ?
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 14:09:49 +0530

:). well then i think a open source solution is not far away. the standard is
openly available at the ieee website. developing the vanilla 802.11(1-2 Mbps)
is easy.
it is only bpsk/qpsk with spreading at 11 Mcps. the USRP should be able to
handle it easily.

adding high speed requires slightly sophisticated receiver but not that
daunting at the phy.

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 02:37:00AM -0600, David Young wrote:
|On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 11:27:31AM +0530, Akshay Mishra wrote:
|> Charles, I don't think you'd be able to "grab" a 802.11b solution. the PHY is
|> not so very difficult as is the MAC for 802.11b. you could setup the phy
|> yourself in some time.
|
|The MAC should not be too bad, and I am interested in helping to program
|one. (I think that the PHY is more daunting, myself, but that is because
|I am not a "radio modulation guy.")
|
|Dave

|--