[Discuss-gnuradio] Moving daughterboard along

From: cfk
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Moving daughterboard along
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 08:34:12 -0800

Dear Eric & Matt:

    I looked at the Wiki regarding the interface connector and the Molex web
site. At this point, I have several things trying to gel in my mind.

    The first is the connections to the 64pin interface connector. I can see
that Molex numbers the pins A1-A32 and B1-B32. I also understand the
schematic at comsec.com is rev 0 and doesnt have this interface connector.
The question is, do we have a schematic we can put on the Wiki (or
somewhere) of the interface connector. This would allow a little more
gelling of thoughts along the daughterboard interface question.

    Additionally, I think we need a mechanical drawing of the 65 x 55mm (or
65 x 110 for Rx only) board showing the location of the interface connector,
the RF antenna connector (or connectors), the SMA's to the USRP and mounting
holes. I presume there will be four mounting holes. Here is a little ASCII
picture as I try to guess where things are going to be.

------------------
|   ______       |
|  |            |       |
|  |            |  |   | |
|  |            |  |   | |
|  |            |  |7 | |
|  |  4702   |  |1 | |
|  |            |  |4 | |
|  |  Tuner |  |3 | |
|  |            |  |9 | |
|  |            |  |   | |
|  |            |  |_ | |
|  |            |       |
|  |______|       |
|___________|

Here are my current guesses:

1. RF input is at the top left of this picture.
2. IF output is at the top right of this picture (SMA).
3. Interface connector is on the right and its pin A1 is the bottom left
corner.
4. The board is 65mm high and 55mm wide.
5. The 4702 is mounted on the side shown, the 71439 is mounted on the
bottom.
6. Parts will be mounted on both sides.
7. There is a mounting hole 3-4mm in diameter in each corner.

    In the meantime, I'm going to continue fleshing out the schematic and
pcb footprints a little bit, but I really need to know the interface
connector pin connections and the mechanical relationship of the interface
connector, RF connectors, mounting holes and board edge to get too much
further.

Charles Krinke