Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Moving daughterboard along

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Moving daughterboard along
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 14:29:49 -0800

Charles,

   I have posted some sample schematics for basic rx and tx sections for the
usrp.  Check the wiki page for the RFSections4USRP

Quoting cfk <address@hidden>:

>     The first is the connections to the 64pin interface connector. I can see
> that Molex numbers the pins A1-A32 and B1-B32. I also understand the
> schematic at comsec.com is rev 0 and doesnt have this interface connector.
> The question is, do we have a schematic we can put on the Wiki (or
> somewhere) of the interface connector. This would allow a little more
> gelling of thoughts along the daughterboard interface question.

The pin assignments are shown in the schematics referenced above.  I numbered
the pins 1 through 64, with odds on one side and evens on the other.

>     Additionally, I think we need a mechanical drawing of the 65 x 55mm (or
> 65 x 110 for Rx only) board showing the location of the interface connector,
> the RF antenna connector (or connectors), the SMA's to the USRP and mounting
> holes. I presume there will be four mounting holes. Here is a little ASCII
> picture as I try to guess where things are going to be.

If you have a PADS license (or the demo version) I can send you the pcb layout
which will give you complete mechanical info.  Otherwise, I should be able to
get a mechanical drawing done in a week or so.  I don't really have a decent
CAD program, so that is kind of slow going.

>     In the meantime, I'm going to continue fleshing out the schematic and
> pcb footprints a little bit, but I really need to know the interface
> connector pin connections and the mechanical relationship of the interface
> connector, RF connectors, mounting holes and board edge to get too much
> further.

Mounting holes, interface connector placement, and board edges are all spec'd
and will be in the mechanical drawing.  RF Connectors are up to you.

Matt