[Discuss-gnuradio] 2.4 Ghz SDR implementation help

From: Vijay Subramanian
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] 2.4 Ghz SDR implementation help
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 12:08:46 -0500 (EST)

Hi folks,

I am planning to work on a S/W radio system for 2.4 GHz freq range
and experimenting with modulation schemes using Gnu Radio.

Is it feasible to construct a front-end / ADC combination for this range?
>From my research, it seems that the hardware will not be able to support
such high data rates? Is there any techniques such as downconversion
after RF front end and before ADC that can make this feasible?

On the other hand, will be easier to buy a "kit" for experimental work
that has programming/debugging capablity?

Can anyone point me to what the best way to experiment with this freq
range would be? Is there any specific hardware that can help me?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Vijay,