[Discuss-gnuradio] Software-radio 1.0 release

From: linus gasser
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Software-radio 1.0 release
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 19:39:34 +0200

Hello everybody,
during these last two years we've been developing a software-radio at
the Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne, Switzerland. Now we
think it deserved a 1.0 tag. Here's why. Its main features include:

- modularised approach
- powerful simulation-mode
- real-time communications using RTLInux
- slot/frame-based two-way communications
- implementations of different codings and channel estimations
- tested in a 2x2 MIMO configuration, should support at least 4x4 MIMO

It's main achievements include:

- used in class-room to explain layer-1 transmission
- verification of LDPC-codes over the air in the SISO case
- interfaced with hardware to do a 4-way transmission at 2.4GHz with
1MHz pass-band

Future enhancements (hopefully):

- more than 1MHz pass-band
- obligatory GPS implementation
- more powerful channel measurements

If you want to have a look at it, go to

http://software-radio.sf.net

and take a look. There is also some documentation included which talks
about the different parts of our software-radio.

I hope you enjoy it,

Linus