Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Where is my mind?

From: Robert Bichage
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Where is my mind?
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 09:40:54 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Some sort of return to sanity ... this might be of use to anyone else who
upgraded their version of Fedora core and tried to recompile gnuradio ...

ok, in the file cppunit/examples/hierarchy/main.cpp I think an iostream
include is missing, so just add #include <iostream.h> at the beginning of
the file;

The second problem was a namespace problem ... when I upgraded to Fedora
core 3 it appears I also picked up a new version of g++ - version 3.4.2 to
be exact; this version is a lot stricter in enforcing the ansi c++ name
space convention - so with standard library includes, maybe add use
namespace std; after the includes or better still use std:: before the
functions themselves; also, "unqualified names will no longer find members
of a dependent base" so use "this->" with all the variables you're
referencing from the headers in the extending functions and it should
build...
the relevant offenders are in the pspectra/vrp directory and if you've
tried compiling with 3.4.2 you probably know what I'm going on about ...
my reference was this:

http://gnuweb.binarycompass.org/software/gcc/gcc-3.4/changes.html

Hopefully this saves someone else the headaches I had...it seems to
compile now but I'm working through the errors one by one to update all
the instances ...

regards,
RMB