[Discuss-gnuradio] usrp_oscope.py

From: cfk
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp_oscope.py
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 12:40:22 -0800

Gentlemen:

 I just got usrp_oscope.py working with my new usrp. It took a bit of work
getting past the "import Numeric", but once I figured out it really was
Numeric, not numarrays, and found the rpm file through python.org, things
went a bit more smoothly.

 I can input from a signal generator a sine (cosine?) wave from a low of 10kHz
to a max of a couple Mhz and amplitudes from 40mv to almost 4volts.

 The usrp_scope.py software is a bit fragile and likes to seg fault when the
trigger input, pos/neg or %value trigger are changed, but once I stopped
pushing those buttons, things worked just fine.

 The same usrp_oscope.py file will load firmware.ihx and usrp_fpga.rbf from a
usrp that is just powered up, then plugged into the USB2.0 (getting one of
those helped a lot), and then just running usrp_oscope.py and nothing else.

Charles