Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] problem with audio extraction in NTSC

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] problem with audio extraction in NTSC
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:22:23 -0800

Big GUI toolkit discussion deleted

The reason the plots are currently slow is the way they are implemented, and is
not the fault of wxWindows.  Switching toolkits would not change this, and
would only waste time and effort which would be better spent fixing the real
problem.

If somebody wishes to integrate other GUI toolkits with GNU Radio, they should
feel free.

If somebody wishes to help solve the problem, I might suggest joing the wxPython
and/or wxWindows mailing lists and soliciting help from experts who hang out
there.  Another avenue would be to implement the plotting we need in C++ with
wxWindows so that it remains compatible with everything else we have now, which
is in wxWindows for Python (aka wxPython).

While you're at it, I keep getting requests for waterfall and spectrogram
displays.  It would also be nice to figure out how to get a black background on
the fft and oscope plots.  These would be very welcome contributions.  There is
a [slow] first cut at the waterfall display in the gr-wxgui code, which was
contributed by a member of the list.

Matt