Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] NBFM

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] NBFM
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 19:32:42 -0500

Johnathan Corgan wrote:

> Matt Ettus wrote:
>
> > I realized about an hour before a demo last night that we didn't have
> > narrowband
> > FM (like ham and public safety), so I coded it up.  Its in the
> > gnuradio-examples package, and it is commented rather liberally.
>
> As an attendee at the demo last night, this was a pretty slick way of
> showing off how easy it is to create high-level functionality.
>
> But no squelch?  What's with *that*?  I mean, you had all of an hour :-)
>
> -Johnathan, AE6HO

I'm jealous that I wasn't there (wherever *there* was :-) ).

In the analog world, do they implement squelch using
  detected RF power levels (i.e. prior to FM demod), or
  something else?

--
Marcus Leech                Mail:   Dept W669, M/S: 04352P16
Advisor                     Phone: (ESN) 393-9145  +1 613 763 9145