Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Difference between nbfm_rcv.py and wfm_rcv_gui.py

From: Berndt Josef Wulf
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Difference between nbfm_rcv.py and wfm_rcv_gui.py
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 22:50:09 +0930

On Saturday 09 April 2005 08:32, Sachi wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> What's the main difference between nbfm_rcv.py and
> wfm_rcv_gui.py? I try to use nbfm_rcv.py to receive FM
> signals, but the effects are very bad. Do we have any
> examples demodulating the stereo FM?
>
> Thank you for your time
>
> BTW: Matt, when will your new daughter boards become
> available and stable? We are eager to purchase some.

AFAICT:

nbfm = narrow band frequency modulation
wfm = wide band frequency modulation

same as you would expect from a standard scanner receiver. The main difference
is the channel bandwidth.

I stand correct if this is wrong.

cheerio Berndt
--
Every man who says frankly and fully what he thinks is doing a public service.
[Leslie Stephen]