Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Introduction.

From: Stephane Fillod
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Introduction.
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 15:03:30 +0200

On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 09:46:02AM -0400, Lamar Owen wrote:
[...]
> We plan on developing full-bore spectroscopy frontends, both local GUI and
> Web
> GUI, as well as RPC-type remote spectrometers (like, putting a USRP and a
> small low-power PC in the feedbox of one of our 26m telescopes and sending
> the data down GigE over fiber).

Haha, sending data using Giga Ethernet, nice idea!

What about cutting down the small low-power PC, and have the USRP talk
directly GigE ? Cheap interferometer anyone?

There's a page at http://comsec.com/wiki?USRPnotUSB discussing about
that. So far, there's no design, only ideas.

Matt, do you think there's enough spare I/O in the FPGA for 24 signals
at 125MHz ? RGMII can cut half, but signals have to be DDR which may be
a problem. How many gates are left? Enough for a stripped down MAC?

Disclaimer: I'm no hardware guy :-)

All the best with your exciting project,

--
Stephane - F8CFE