[Discuss-gnuradio] linux soundcard modem

From: Jaap Stolk
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] linux soundcard modem
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 20:17:19 +0200

I'm aware that this is a bit off-topic, so I'll keep it short:

I own a 600 MHz Sony PCG-C1VE sub-notebook (with working soundcard)
and a mobile phone (without IR or connector). I would like to use
the sound card as a modem (using acoustic coupling). 300 Baud is ok,
600 would be nice. The only thing a could find about acoustic
coupling was this: http://bak.spc.org/dms/archive/modem2cel.html

Does anyone know about any win-modem-like source code that can be
used for this kind of thing, or should i just write something from
the ground up using some FFT code? i figured that i don't need to
make any kernel modules etc, i can just hook it up to the existing
sound modules.

a Linux laptop just isn't complete without at least some way to
stay it touch with the rest of the world. This could even work
in a phone box :-) There is no hurry at all, I just got back from
holidays. I would appreciate any hints and comments.

Jaap.