[Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio core build fails on make check

From: Ges
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio core build fails on make check
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 12:00:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I solved my earlier problems with configure (no dev
lib for python headers) thanks to Mark's patch.
But I am still not able to get rid of the make check
problems.

Based on what was metioned in this thread,
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2005-01/msg00079.html

I tried Swig 1.3.23. I have alsoo tried swig 1.3.24
and swig 1.3.25. Been unsuccessful with all of them.

My current config is as follows in RedHat 9.0

Python 2.4.1
Swig 1.3.23
fftw-3.0.1
cppunit-1.10.2
wxPython 2.6.1.0
numarray 1.3.2
numeric 23.8

Boost libraries are also installed.
My gcc version 3.2.2-5.

gnuradio-core is the first package i tried to build.
Checkout everything from CVS.

As per the mailing list, people have come across these
errors and overcome them, using swig 1.3.23. But I
still face them. Can someone tell me what they did?

I appreciate the help.
Thank you

-Gesly

Output of make check: (pruned)

.No 3DNow! support; not tested
.No 3DNow! support; not tested
....No 3DNow!Ext support; not tested
.No 3DNow!Ext support; not tested
.No 3DNow!Ext support; not tested
.No 3DNow! support; not tested
.No 3DNow! support; not tested
.No 3DNow! support; not tested
....>>> gr_fir_fff: using SSE
. [generic] [SSE]
. [generic] [SSE]
. [generic] [SSE]
. [generic] [SSE]
. [generic] [SSE]
. [generic] [SSE]

OK (59 tests)

PASS: test_all
==================
All 1 tests passed
==================
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/usr0/Packages/gnuradio-core/src/tests'
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/usr0/Packages/gnuradio-core/src/tests'
Making check in python
make[2]: Entering directory
`/usr0/Packages/gnuradio-core/src/python'
Making check in gnuradio
make[3]: Entering directory
`/usr0/Packages/gnuradio-core/src/python/gnuradio'
Making check in gr
make[4]: Entering directory
`/usr0/Packages/gnuradio-core/src/python/gnuradio/gr'
make  check-TESTS
make[5]: Entering directory
`/usr0/Packages/gnuradio-core/src/python/gnuradio/gr'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./qa_add_and_friends.py", line 23, in ?
    from gnuradio import gr, gr_unittest
ImportError: No module named gnuradio
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./qa_basic_flow_graph.py", line 3, in ?
    from gnuradio import gr, gr_unittest
ImportError: No module named gnuradio
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./qa_complex_to_xxx.py", line 23, in ?
    from gnuradio import gr, gr_unittest
ImportError: No module named gnuradio
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./qa_fft_filter.py", line 23, in ?
    from gnuradio import gr, gr_unittest
ImportError: No module named gnuradio
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./qa_filter_delay_fc.py", line 23, in ?
    from gnuradio import gr, gru, gr_unittest
ImportError: No module named gnuradio
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./qa_flow_graph.py", line 23, in ?
    from gnuradio import gr, gr_unittest
ImportError: No module named gnuradio
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./qa_frequency_modulator.py", line 23, in ?
    from gnuradio import gr, gr_unittest
ImportError: No module named gnuradio
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./qa_fsk_stuff.py", line 23, in ?
    from gnuradio import gr, gr_unittest
ImportError: No module named gnuradio
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./qa_head.py", line 23, in ?
    from gnuradio import gr, gr_unittest
ImportError: No module named gnuradio
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./qa_hilbert.py", line 23, in ?
    from gnuradio import gr, gr_unittest
ImportError: No module named gnuradio
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./qa_iir.py", line 23, in ?
    from gnuradio import gr, gr_unittest
ImportError: No module named gnuradio
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./qa_interleave.py", line 23, in ?
    from gnuradio import gr, gr_unittest
ImportError: No module named gnuradio
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./qa_interp_fir_filter.py", line 23, in ?
    from gnuradio import gr, gr_unittest
ImportError: No module named gnuradio
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./qa_kludged_imports.py", line 23, in ?
    from gnuradio import gr, gr_unittest
ImportError: No module named gnuradio
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./qa_message.py", line 23, in ?
    from gnuradio import gr, gr_unittest
ImportError: No module named gnuradio
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./qa_mute.py", line 23, in ?
    from gnuradio import gr, gr_unittest
ImportError: No module named gnuradio
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./qa_nlog10.py", line 23, in ?
    from gnuradio import gr, gr_unittest
ImportError: No module named gnuradio
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./qa_pipe_fittings.py", line 23, in ?
    from gnuradio import gr, gr_unittest
ImportError: No module named gnuradio
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./qa_sig_source.py", line 23, in ?
    from gnuradio import gr, gr_unittest
ImportError: No module named gnuradio
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./qa_single_pole_iir.py", line 23, in ?
    from gnuradio import gr, gr_unittest
ImportError: No module named gnuradio
FAIL: run_tests
===================
1 of 1 tests failed
===================
make[5]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory
`/usr0/Packages/gnuradio-core/src/python/gnuradio/gr'
make[4]: *** [check-am] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory
`/usr0/Packages/gnuradio-core/src/python/gnuradio/gr'
make[3]: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/usr0/Packages/gnuradio-core/src/python/gnuradio'
make[2]: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/usr0/Packages/gnuradio-core/src/python'
make[1]: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr0/Packages/gnuradio-core/src'
make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1