Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Communication between 2 nodes running GNURadio

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Communication between 2 nodes running GNURadio
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 18:49:40 -0700

On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 10:22:41AM -0400, Naveen Manicka wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am Naveen Manicka, Graduate student in the Dept of Computer and
> Information Sciences at the University of Delaware, Newark.

Welcome!

> We are trying to build a test bed for dynamic channel assignment for mobile
> adhoc networks. The idea is about trying to use the available spectrum
> bandwidth without any fixed channels, instead assign channels and bandwidths
> according to requirement.
>
> I have installed GNURadio 2.5 on 2 Fedora Core 3 machines with 2 USRP
> Boards.
>
> I am able to receive most AM stations pretty well using the Basic Rx board
> and I am able to receive FM using the TvRx board with an external amplifying
> antenna.

OK.

> Has anyone had success with 2 nodes talking to each other?

Matt and I have.

> Are there any existing examples which demonstrate the communication
> capabilities between 2 USRP boards? i.e Tx/Rx from one board to another
> simulating 2 mobile nodes.

We'll revisit this sometime this coming week and build a demo that
does this.  I understand this is a FAQ, and it would be nice to have
something that just worked out of the box.

We'll probably start by just using a single USRP with it's output
talking to it's input, then put together a two USRP demo.

Eric