Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PowerMate won't run?

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PowerMate won't run?
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 09:19:53 -0700

On Sun, Jul 17, 2005 at 09:41:08PM -0400, Clark Pope-TWC wrote:
> I'm not able to get the powermate.py file to run at all. I've tried
> recompiling wxpython and gr-wxgui. All the other modules gr-wxgui/src/python
> work fine but when I run powermate.py I get:
>
> "Unable to fund PowerMate or Contour Shuttle"
>
> I think most everything else is installed okay. I can run
> tvrx_wfm_rcv_gui.py okay.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Clark

Check permissions on /dev/input/*

You want them rw by you.

I've modified my /etc/udev/00-udev.permissions like this:

# input devices
# security => input: 644 => 600
# else anybody logged on could read my password directly from the event device
# associated with the keyboard...
input/event2:root:root:0666
input/*:root:root:0600

Eric