Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GMSK at 768kb/sec and other good stuff

From: n4hy
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GMSK at 768kb/sec and other good stuff
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 20:29:34 +0000

Right. We did the "standard squelch" where we compare a "pitch frequency" bandpass filter's output to a high frequency band pass filter's output (same Q), and then compare the differences in the mean square output. If the power levels are nearly the same, it is squelched. If the low freq filter exceeds the high frequency filter output sufficiently and for a stable time, we drop squelch. There is a dead band region done by counting times above and times below and in the end, it worked immediately after a couple of bug fixes. It isn't exactly hidden markov modeling of the state of the sound track but it has the advantage that it is immediate, cheap, and it works for voice communications.

Bob

Matt Ettus wrote:

Robert McGwier wrote:

What else did we forget?

We did a proper squelch on the nbfm demod.

Matt