RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Reducing the ADC sample rate

From: Robitaille, Michael
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Reducing the ADC sample rate
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 08:30:05 -0700

Alfred reply is exactly why I would like to change the sample rate.  I am
operating at low frequency and would like to be able to look at the signal
with a different resolution in the frequency domain (time span = 1/sampling
rate, require ring more points in FFT to get resolution).  In my career I
have done lots of FIR filter design using Surface Acoustic Wave technology
and changing the sample rate and number of points was a very important tool.
As you know, with FFT you get images folding back into the spectrum
(aliasing).  Changing the sample rate moves those images to different
locations.

I will check out using further decimation filtering.  Any information on the
use of decimation filtering would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike