[Discuss-gnuradio] Equinox - a remotely controlled DC-1Ghz Communication

From: Rick Parrish
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Equinox - a remotely controlled DC-1Ghz Communications Receiver and Trunk Tracking Scanner
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 21:56:07 -0600

Here's some inspiration for all ...

Just when I thought I'd seen everything in this category ... up pops *this* thing.

http://www.speakeasy.org/~jmiles1/ke5fx/equinox/equinox.html

Windows users: you can download the software. It self-installs, source included. The windows client software is configured to connect to the author's own radio over the 'net. When I ran it, I was greeted with a menu of frequencies. After a moment, I began to hear faint sounds coming out of my laptop's speakers. I turned up the volume and ... sure enough ... was getting streaming audio from over 1000 miles away (from Washington state to Texas).

Cool!

-rick