Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio in Solaris - progress report

From: Lamar Owen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio in Solaris - progress report
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 16:57:56 -0500

On Friday 02 December 2005 11:04, cswiger wrote:
> >From the for-what-its-worth-dept (very low priority):

> I've been making stabs at getting Gnuradio to compile
> on Solaris (in case a 12 processor SunFire shows up ;)

Oh, something like:
http://www.lamarowen.net/pgallery/photo?photo%5fid=3034 :-)

I have a guy wanting to donate two E10K's with 64 cpus and matching RAM; while
I have the power, cooling, and other infrastructure, don't really want to
drive to San Diego for them... :-)

> Anyway, if there's no easy solution with existing code
> I'm giving up for the time being. My E250 has two 300Mhz
> cpus and 512Mb memory. Boost takes over 4 hours to compile.

You do know there is a Linux for that box, right?  That's what Spacely (the 14
CPU  (400MHz 8MB ECache) E6500 with 14GB RAM) is running; while I haven't
tried to build the GNUradio stack on it, it should build fairly easily, since
the Linux that is on it is based on Fedora Core 3 (Aurora;
www.auroralinux.org).

I am getting ready to build up either the E5500 or an E3500 (or perhaps a quad
proc E450) with Solaris 10; I'd be willing to give you an ssh if it would be
of help.  Solaris 10 should be closer to the Linux API; there is a linux
personality module for it, at least on i386 hardware.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology