Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio in Solaris - progress report

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio in Solaris - progress report
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 14:57:16 -0800

On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 11:04:44AM -0500, cswiger wrote:
> >From the for-what-its-worth-dept (very low priority):
>
> I've been making stabs at getting Gnuradio to compile
> on Solaris (in case a 12 processor SunFire shows up ;)
> and todays random hacks finally got it to go thru.
> Python can now load the modules, but running is another
> matter:
>
> # python
> Python 2.4.2 (#1, Dec  1 2005, 14:38:20)
> [GCC 3.4.5] on sunos5
> gr_vmcircbuf_createfilemapping: createfilemapping is not available
> gr_vmcircbuf_sysv_shm: shmget (2): Invalid argument
> gr_vmcircbuf_sysv_shm: shmget (2): Invalid argument
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'gr_signal'
>
> Abort (core dumped)
>

> I guess that has something to do with shared memory?
>
> Anyway, if there's no easy solution with existing code
> I'm giving up for the time being. My E250 has two 300Mhz
> cpus and 512Mb memory. Boost takes over 4 hours to compile.
>
> --Chuck

Hi Chuck,

I belive that you need to use sysctl to increase the default number of
SysV shared segments and/or their maximum size.

You might try

  $ ipcs -l

to check the current limits.

Does it pass "make check" ?

It's been a while since I checked, but gnuradio-core has compiled on
Solaris in the past.

Eric