Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] sparc <--> x86 data exchange

From: Chuck Swiger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] sparc <--> x86 data exchange
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 09:57:42 -0500

At 05:12 PM 12/16/2005 -0800, you wrote:
ambulance frequencies, or TiVo the ham bands, or avoid DRM on

John - I already have a (to me) nice little LW/MW/SW TiVo already packaged
and ready to go. I use it daily and have added everything I can think of:  AM,
Upper/Lower Sideband, Independant Sideband, bandswitching, 30 audio filters,
FFT display, rewind/fast forward when playing back a recording, command
line switches to set decimation, center frequency and file to record to or
play back from (if any), slider adjustable rf gain (pga), makes use of a Powermate
knob for controls, etc.  All it needs is a good antenna and about 40-50db gain,
a basic RX board and existing software and you have something IMHO better
than a TenTec RX-320.  The only thing missing is marketing and promotion,
and probably some customer feedback and redesign.

I use it a lot to TiVo while listening at night, then do some more listening
the next day at lunch.

A 2.x version of HDTV would be neat - I could drive up to the antenna, record
about an hour or two of 6-8Mhz wide signal to my portable system, process it
overnight and have an hour or two long program ready the next day ;)   Someone
could make a hobby out of collecting DVD's of football games and movies
and would be ready to deal with that nasty broadcast flag when it appears.

--Chuck
kb4new