Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [Fwd: leap second assistance]

From: Chuck Swiger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [Fwd: leap second assistance]
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 07:54:07 -0500

At 01:47 AM 12/20/2005 -0800, you wrote:
It would help a lot if we had actual records of the output from
various time signal transmissions recorded across a leap second.

So if you have time on december 31st/january 1st around 00:00 UTC
I would really appreciate if You could help me make some off-the-air
records of any time signal transmissions in your local geography.

   HF:
        CHU/Canada (thee HF frequencies ?
                FSK 300bps code.
        WWV (2.5, 5, 10, 15 MHz)
                Complex modulations.

What format audio? MP3 ok?

Aside: in Star Wars episode II, at one point for about a minute you can CLEARLY hear the time station CHU and the fsk code. I tried to decode it with some software once - it would have been great to get something like "1537, Sept 15, 1979" but it was just too far down in
the noise ;))

--Chuck