Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-usrp-0.6, problem with make on Mac OS X

From: Jonathan Jacky
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-usrp-0.6, problem with make on Mac OS X
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 11:46:39 -0800 (PST)

This problem I reported here on Dec 15 has gone away:

I ran into a problem with gr-usrp-0.6.  Its bootstrap and configure
complete without errors or warnings. But then make fails after a huge
number of messages about fftw3f, of all things (see below).  It looks
like ld failed because a great many symbols named _fftw_... got
defined in both libgnuradio-core.dylib and a bunch of other .o files
somehow.

I checked GNU Radio out from CVS yesterday (Dec 29) and rebuilt everything without problems -- when I built gr-usrp this problem did not
occur.  My previous difficulties were with the 2.6 tarballs.

(Earlier, I was not successful with the fix Eric recommended, involving
replacing several getopt source files in the fftw3 distribution with empty files. I am using darwinports and was not able to pursuade darwinports to rebuild the fftw3 libraries after I replaced the source files. My mistake, I'm sure.)

Jon Jacky