Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] byte-wide ADC transfers

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] byte-wide ADC transfers
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 10:53:06 -0800

On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 10:03:30AM -0500, Clark Pope wrote:

>> Eric wrote:
>> What is your PYTHONPATH?  I suspect you've got a stale install
>> somewhere on the path and that you are picking up at least part of
>> that.  I suggest removing all gnuradio stuff found anywhere on
>> PYTHONPATH and doing a "make install" again.
>
> gnuradio is in only one place on my Pythonpath. I deleted it and reran
> 'make install' in gnuradio-core, gr-usrp, and gr-wxgui. Reran usrp_fft.py
> and it still chokes on the make_format call.
>
> Is there another function that I can test?
>
> Is it possible that my swig isn't wrapping the function correctly?
>
> I don't want to take up a lot of your time on this. I'm collecting 16MHz,
> 8-bit data presently so I'm fine for now.

Beats me.  You're the only one I've heard of who's seen this behavior.
If you look with an editor in the *installed* version of usrp1.py
(/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnuradio/usrp1.py on my
system), do you see something like:

    def make_format(*args):
        """
        make_format(int width=16, int shift=0, bool want_q=True, bool
bypass_halfband=False) -> unsigned int
        make_format(int width=16, int shift=0, bool want_q=True) -> unsigned int
        make_format(int width=16, int shift=0) -> unsigned int
        make_format(int width=16) -> unsigned int
        make_format() -> unsigned int
        """
        return _usrp1.usrp1_source_base_make_format(*args)

You're using swig 1.3.24, right?  Should work, but I haven't tested
with that version in a while.  You might want to try updating to
1.3.27.  (1.3.28 has some critical bugs.  They'll be releasing 1.3.29 RSN).

Eric